Do you know- Turning your outdoor living space into an alfresco family room is certainly less expensive than adding another room to your home? Yes, it is true! So, don’t you just love the idea of having a relaxing spot right outside your backyard? If so, then there are loads of great things to consider about open-air living as it lets you get back into nature.
If you are thinking of adding new outdoor furniture to your outdoor living space, then you might want to consider some of these things to make sure that you are investing in the right products:
DEFINITIVE LIST OF THE BEST MATERIALS FOR OUTDOOR FURNITURE
When it comes to outdoor furniture, you should look for something durable and comfortable with the elegant design. Plus, don’t end up with furniture that’s difficult to clean or will be a rusted mess by the end of the summer. Instead, choose furniture made out of the finest materials, ones that are made to withstand the elements all year round.
From poolside chaise lounges to picnic tables perfect for summer barbeques, quality patio furniture is made to withstand the elements.
So, we’ve done the research for common patio furniture materials and give some maintenance tips on how to prolong the life of each material.
1. Benefits: Solid, robust, heavy, non-heat-absorbing and long-lasting if well cared for.
2. Good to Know: Wood outdoor furniture can be expensive. However, Teak, pine, cedar, and eucalyptus are common types of wood used in outdoor furniture.
3. Wood Types: Teak is a dense-grained tropical hardwood and it is resistant to rotting, warping, shrinkage, and swelling.
- A more expensive option- Teak will age to a gray shade if left untreated and takes varnish well. Eucalyptus is a versatile hardwood.
- A more budget-friendly option- eucalyptus is naturally resistant to moisture damage and insects. Refinish eucalyptus periodically to maintain its finish. Teak and eucalyptus are more sturdy and easier to sustain. Cedar and pine are softwoods that will age to a gray finish if left unsealed or unpainted. Cedar is generally more expensive. Look for pressure-treated pine.
4. Maintenance Tips: Wood outdoor furniture may necessitate more maintenance than other materials. It may require a preservative to protect against weathering and insects.
Use a brightener and oil to sustain its original appearance, especially when if not painted. If you decide to paint it, use paint with UV filters to prevent fading. Check for splinters if the wood is well-worn or dinged.
1. Benefits: Lightweight, durable, doesn't rust fade, low maintenance and affordable.
2. Good to Know: When aluminum outdoor furniture sits in the sun, it can become hot and dull. However, powder coated aluminum furniture comes in a variety of colors with durable material & doesn't rust in sunlight. So, look for UV-resistant finishes and rust-proof hardware.
3. Maintenance Tips: Simply wash with soapy water and rinse it. Use car wax or mineral oil to protect the surface.
- Plastic, Polymer & Resin
1. Benefits: Lightweight, low maintenance, economical, stackable, available in a wide range of colors plus size.
2. Good to Know: Most plastic furniture does not require painting/sealing. Plastic
furniture- especially resin, can be made to resemble wicker, wood, and more. Recycled plastic furniture- including marine-grade polymer furniture, is made of high-density polyethylene, which comes from milk cartons, shampoo bottles, and much more. Most of the outdoor furniture made with recycled plastic and resin aka a high-quality & strong plastic, which is highly durable and resistant to moisture, stains, mildew, and insects. This type of quality plastic won't peel, crack or fade.
How to Choose and Types of Outdoor Furniture
You can create an outdoor oasis no matter the size of your patio or deck space. Just purchase a complete set of furniture from reliable outdoor furniture stores or create a perfect custom combination from these essential patio furniture pieces.
Here are some things to consider that will help you choose the right patio furniture for your outdoor space.
Whether you want to host a dinner/lunch party in winters, create a calm sanctuary for morning coffee, or have an outdoor place for games and projects, a patio table is a must. Besides the style and material, size is the most important aspect of your patio table. Outdoor tables come in all different sizes, as well as expandable options to accommodate surprise dinner guests.
Patio chairs come in a wide variety of colors, sizes, and materials. For dining, choose chairs with flat seats and straight backs. Because dining tables are generally 28 to 30 inches tall, the ideal height of your dining chairs should be between 18 and 20 inches from the ground to the top of your seat.
For ultimate relaxing, you can choose chairs with overstuffed cushions for super comfortable lounging.
A porch swing promotes a friendly, neighborly feeling and is a cozy place to read, relax, or sip coffee. For a traditional feel that never goes out of style and a wooden porch swing is just the ticket.
If you live in a high-moisture climate, you will need a waterproof wooden swing to protect against the elements. For a vintage vibe, you can consider an iron swing. Since with its elegant scrollwork, an iron swing is old fashioned with a touch of whimsy.
For decorating more, choose cushions and throw pillows to adorn your swing that will give it a sofa-like appeal.
Outdoor benches provide charm and functionality to your outdoor space. A bench can be used in place of chairs at your patio dining table or put against a wall for additional seating.
Small cast iron or hardwood benches are great options for smaller areas, while glider benches or rocking benches necessitate a little more room. And if you want then they can also be multifunctional. A storage bench with an enclosed space below the seat provides an area where you can store cushions and other items while also offering extra seating for outdoor gatherings.
So, why embarrass yourself trying to hide stains and buckled upholstery behind throws and scatter cushions. With quality wooden outdoor furniture from an online store, the whole family can invite friends or colleagues over with confidence, knowing the lounge looks respectable and elegant at all times.
Furnishing your outdoor living area is just as important as furnishing the interior of the house. Picking the right furniture for the patio deserves the same amount of care and attention as picking the furniture for the living room.
So, if you’re seeking to have or purchase outdoor site furnishings, then we at Mrbackyard have a variety of Lounges, Dining Sets, GRILLS, outdoor furniture cover, Adelle umbrella, outdoor tables, cafe, and patio sets and trash receptacles all made by using quality material.
Browse our exclusive collection of furniture today!